Timeline Exploration -- Timeframe: 1900 - 1962
Enjoy these biographical details, documents and media. Back to the timeline.
- 1936 Warren was born, Portland, Oregon.
- 1954 [On the pride and importance his family placed on his college education: having been unable to reach his Mother, Warren calls his Grandfather to relay a message to transfer some of Warren's savings to an account for his college expenses], From Warren's book, Odyssey in Climate Modeling, Global Warming, and Advising Five Presidents.
"I learned later from my mother that my grandfather had misunderstood me and left his sick bed in which he was stricken with cancer to go to his bank downtown to get me the funds I needed. He died a couple months later."
- 1954 Graduated from High School.
- 1958 Received Bachelor's Degree (Physics), Oregon State University.
- 1958 [On entering college] From Warren's book, Odyssey in Climate Modeling, Global Warming, and Advising Five Presidents.
"At the time I went to Oregon State University, there were about 4,000 students. There were a very small number of black students. Probably less than 10."
- 1959 Weather radar researcher on Mary's Peak, Oregon.
- 1960 Received Master's Degree (Meteorology), Oregon State University.
Photographs, Figures, Posters
Click thumbnails for larger view.