Timeline Exploration -- Timeframe: 1990 - 1999
Enjoy these biographical details, documents and media. Back to the timeline.
- 1990 Began serving on the Secretary of Energy's Biological and Environmental Research Advisory Committee.
- 1994 Elected President of the American Meteorological Society (AMS).
- 1997 Induction into the National Academy of Sciences Portrait Collection of African Americans in Science, Engineering and Medicine.
- 1998 Sigma Xi Distinguished Lecturer.
- 1999 Awarded the Dr. Charles Anderson Award from the American Meteorological Society for pioneering efforts as a mentor and passionate support of individuals, educational programs, and outreach initiatives designed to foster a diverse population of atmospheric scientists.
- 1990 Manuscript by Warren, "The Saga of my Greenhouse Effect on the White House". (read)
- 1990 Memo from Warren to Dr. John H. Sununu, President George H. W. Bush's Chief of Staff, giving instructions for installing software and running a demonstration version of a one-dimensional climate model. (read)
- 1990 Letter to President George H. W. Bush's Chief of Staff, John Sununu, answering questions about how various greenhouse warming calculations are derived. (read)
- 1990 Summary of presentation to UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher by Warren and Gerald A. Meehl, entitled "A Brief Description of New NCAR Results on Regional Climate Change Caused by Increasing Greenhouse Gases". (read)
- 1990 Thank-you letter from U.K. Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher, for Warren's paper entitled, "A Brief Description of New NCAR Results on Regional Climate Change Caused by Increasing Greenhouse Gases". (read)
- 1991 Proposal to University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR) concerning the organization of the Black Environmental Science Trust (BEST), with Warren as co-founder and President. The organization promotes black participation in scientific careers. (read)
- 1991 Rough, handwritten plans for Black Environmental Science Trust (BEST). (read)
- 1992 Mission and strategy overview for Black Environmental Science Trust (BEST). (read)
- 1993 Invitation for Warren to take part in the Clinton-Gore transition team on the Science, Space and Technology Cluster, headed by Sally Ride (first U.S. woman astronaut). (read)
- 1994 Letter from John H. Gibbons, Assistant to the President for Science and Technology (President Bill Clinton), advising Warren on next steps for his nomination and congressional approval as a member of the National Science Board (NSB). (read)
- 1998 Walter Orr Roberts Distinguished Lecture. (read)
Photographs, Figures, Posters
Click thumbnails for larger view.
Animations, Movies, Audio
|Media Info||Availability||Media Type|
|1990||Interview with Warren about his decision to come to NCAR as a Post Doc, and the nature of NCAR in its early days (total run time: 00:08:06).||Download||audio_file|
|1990||Interview with Warren about the early days of the General Circulation Model and NCAR science (total run time 00:07:26).||Download||audio_file|