Timeline Exploration -- 1980 - 1989
Enjoy these biographical details, documents and media. Back to the timeline.
- 1986 Warren and Claire Parkinson publish An Introduction to Three-Dimensional Climate Modeling, a widely-used, introductory textbook.
- 1988 Served on AAAS Committees: Minorities in Science, Opportunities in Science, Panel on Black Scientists.
- 1988 Served on AMS (American Meteorological Society) Board on Women and Minorities for a second time.
- 1988 Part of NCAR team of scientists and programmers that built the first fully coupled climate model.
- 1989 Letter to David Allan Bromley, Science Advisor to U.S. President George H. W. Bush, rebutting Senator John Sununu's statements characterizing Warren's climate change research.