Timeline Exploration -- 1980 - 1989
Enjoy these biographical details, documents and media. Back to the timeline.
- 1986 Warren and Claire Parkinson publish An Introduction to Three-Dimensional Climate Modeling, a widely-used, introductory textbook.
- 1988 Served on AAAS Committees: Minorities in Science, Opportunities in Science, Panel on Black Scientists.
- 1988 Served on AMS (American Meteorological Society) Board on Women and Minorities for a second time.
- 1988 Part of NCAR team of scientists and programmers that built the first fully coupled climate model.
- 1989 Letter to David Allan Bromley, Science Advisor to U.S. President George H. W. Bush, rebutting Senator John Sununu's statements characterizing Warren's climate change research. (read)
Photographs, Figures, Posters
Click thumbnails for larger view.