Enjoy these biographical details, documents and media. Back to the timeline.
- 2010 Receives the National Medal of Science, the highest scientific honor bestowed by the U.S. President, for his fundamental contributions to the understanding of Earth's coupled climate system through numerical simulation, leadership in U.S. science policy, and inspiring mentorship of young people of all backgrounds and origins.
- 2012 Appears on a PBS special, "A Night with Warren Washington, an event organized by the ScienceMakers.
- 2013 Receives an Honorary Doctorate from the University of Massachusetts.
- 2013 Delivers the Bert Bolin lecture in Stockholm.
- 2013 Named a Fellow of the American Geophysical Union (AGU)
- 2014 Association of American Geographers’ Honorary Geographer Award
- 2014 Distinguished Alumni Achievement Award, Oregon State University
- 2016 Distinguished Scholar Award, NCAR
- 2018 Warren Washington Legacy Symposium, Penn State University
- 2019 Awarded the Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement
|Media and Link
||Warren receives the National Medal of Science
||"A Night with Warren Washington." Warren is interviewed by Dr. Ralph J. Cicerone for the ScienceMakers project, to be broadcast on PBS in Fall 2012.
||Warren Washington is named an NCAR Distinguished Scholar.
||Penn State University, where Warren Washington earned a PhD in meteorology, named a new research building in his honor.
Videos and Audio